Congratulations to my labmate for her successful dissertation defense today! She now officially has the coolest name ever – Dr. Claw.
- ‘Turducken’ of the sea–scientists off Delaware catch shark within a shark – Nature is simultaneously awesome and terrifying.
- When Social Media CEOs Abet Stalking & Storify, Stalkers and Terms of Service – Oh look, one of my many internet stalkers/harassers, ElevatorGATE, it getting some attention from outsiders. Sadly the CEO of Storify doesn’t seem to want take any action to protect its users from harassment, and even notified ElevatorGATE of the complaints against him by tagging him on twitter…and now he’s harassing those women even more. Lovely.
- Mr. Deity and the Victim-Blaming and Dismissiveness of Serious Allegations – Well, knock another idol off the pedestal. Disgusting and disappointing from someone I considered a friend.
- Apparently some people (aka, DJ Grothe, the president of JREF) don’t understand the difference between sex positive consensual sex and sexual harassment/rape. Big shocker there, coming from a person who thinks it’s okay to joke about drugging and gang raping someone.
- A Day in the Life of the Ku Klux Klan, Uncensored – Interesting, in a terrifying way…
- 13 Lessons About Social Justice From “Harry Potter” – Maybe some of the people mentioned in the above articles could learn something from our wizard friend. No, not the shark.