My friend over at SuperFunAdventureTime! decided (probably out of boredom) to make some improvements to his copy of the Bible. That seems like a daunting task, but I like the final result:His reasoning?
“The SuperFunAdventureBible clears up and confusing or flowery passages and allows the reader to concentrate on the real crux of the Christian faith. Christians should be thanking me, as I carefully removed (with a utility knife) all of the times the Bible urges people to participate in:
- murder (Ezekiel 9:5-6)
- genocide (Deuteronomy 20:16-17; Exodus 17:13-16)
- incest (Exodus 6:20; Genesis 19:30-38)
- abortion (Hosea 13:16)
- cannibalism (Jeremiah 19:9)
- materialism (Proverbs 14:20)
- domestic violence (Proverbs 20:30)
- shit-eating (Ezekiel 4:12-15),
- genital mutilation (Genesis 17:9-13)
- …and Communist party membership (Acts 4:32-35)
Thanks to me, the Christian apologetics have less to apologize over. Now, Christians can concentrate on the central themes of intimidation and greed without the requisite cognitive dissonance.”
Though I think I would be more creative in what I stored in my SuperFunAdventureBible. How about condoms? You’re in the moment, your partner asks you to grab some protection, you show them your Bible, they freak out (hopefully), you reveal its contents, you both have a good chuckle and then go at it like rabbits. Eh? Eh?
Pssh, fine then. What would you store in your Bible?