Since I’ve just arrived back home in Indiana to spend a week with my family and be with my mom on her birthday, I figured a themed update is appropriate.
- The Case of the Missing Zeroes: An astonishing act of statistical chutzpah in the Indiana schools’ grade-changing scandal – Even if you don’t care about local Indiana politics, read it for the stats and Republican cronyism.
- Purdue faculty ‘troubled’ by Mitch Daniels’ Howard Zinn comments – I still can’t believe that this guy is the head of my alma mater… Well, one good thing has come out of this controversy: I think I have another book to add to my reading list. If Mitch Daniel hates it so much, it must be at least somewhat interesting!
- Officer of the Year’ Caught on Camera Attacking Man Who Asked for Help – Indianapolis…
- Health commissioner: Indiana infant mortality rate is ‘horrible’ – Hey, at least we’re the 47th worst state and not 50th!
- But hey, it’s not all bad. Look at this nice welcoming committee I got during the drive from O’Hare to my home: